Sunday, July 14, 2013

RENT CONTROLLED TENANT MAKING LIFE MISERABLE FOR OTHER TENANTS AND BRIAN ELGART

Now that I have started this blog. Many of Brian Elgart's Tenants have been emailing me they're stories about Brian Elgart and living in his buildings. I will try to get on as many as I can.
This one came to me the other night. The tenant has lived in Brian Elgart's building for about a year now. He lives on the top floor and pays over 3K in rent. He says he loves the building but doesn't think he can renew due to the rent controlled tenant that lives across from him, he says the tenant is absolutely nuts and does nothing but cause problems for everyone in the building, complaining about everyone in the building as well as Brian Elgart. The kicker is the tenant pays $325 dollars a month for an apartment that would rent for over 3K. Here is what he wrote to Brian Elgart:


" I know this may seem minute but after last nights debacle with our neighbor John, I figured it would be best to let you know. As for last night, John thought it would be best to call the New York Fire Department since he heard "explosives" from the roof top. Well, to be exact , those "explosives" were sparklers and lasted for a grand total of 10 seconds. John proceeded to knock on my door and inform me that I was in jeopardy of setting the building on fire. He told the NYFD that he heard explosives, which was clearly a lie. As they arrived they knocked on my door, they were upset to find that there was absolutely no danger what so ever and that the call was unnecessary. They actually sided with me and the dispatcher was demanding the name of the individual who called them for this facetious matter.

 Anyways, long story short, John has been complaining since we moved in day one and I have yet to find a real reason to bring it up - however, as the landlord this is something you should be aware of. He complains about you, the building, all of the tenants, and any other crap he can formulate as he sits in his apartment all day waiting for more things to complain about.

Regardless, we are fine and will be ignoring John as long as we our tenants. This is primarily the reason we will be not renewing the lease. John is a nuisance to any landlord as he will find any reason to intrude on his fellow neighbors . I've yet to have any issues with you as a landlord and thanks again for fixing all maintenance/repair issues as needed".

I don't understand how this allowed to go on in New York. How can people get away with paying close to nothing and on top of it be the worst tenant/ neighbor without any recourse. Basically in the eyes of new York they own their apartment without paying a dime for it. So New York is basically a communist state. Enough is enough, do away with rent control and make them all rent stabilized apartments and if the entire building feels the tenant is a nuisance they should be able to band together and kick them out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment