Monday, June 17, 2013


I just read a comment on the other site from Theresa. We'll I actually rented the apartment to Theresa and her 3 other young friends. They are very nice people. However, they decided to move out and I started showing the apartment to my clients. I noticed the bathroom window had been broken and there were pictures everywhere and large scuffs on the wall. I reminded them they should make sure to fix everything so they get their security deposit back but after checking in with renter who I rented the apartment was rented to they told me they had to have Brian's contracter come in to pull out the nails in the walls and paint them as well as the other places that had scuff mark and replace a window. So the nice girls decided to do nothing and expected Brian to do all the work and not charge them.
I really don't understand what people are thinking. I myself feel like when I rent an apartment it is my home. I'm of the mindset that I like to make my home nice. If I see something on the floor I pick it up. If I need something done I get it fixed and when I cant do it myself I email Brian and he tells me who to call to get it fixed. When I want to move to a new home I make sure to make the apartment is nice for the next person because this was my home and I want the next person to feel the same way as I do. It seems more and more the clients I have don't share the same mindset. Everything is me me me. And everything should be the way they want it and should be waited on 24/7.
I hope this starts to change!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can say those girls were nice. I lived next door to them and they are anything but nice. They were constantly having parties with weird people roaming the halls. They left garbage everywhere and then complained that the building wasn't clean. I'm so glad they are gone. I know Brian had to have the buildings maintenance man come over every other day just to clean the mess they made everywhere. I been here for a couple of years and Brian has been helpful with any problem I have had. I would recommend Brian Elgart to anyone looking to rent an apartment. I'm glad someone is speaking up against these crappy tenants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian Elgart has been my landlord for several years now. I had been living in the building before he bought the building. Since he took over the building he created a laundry machine in the basement of the building, he has redone the hallways and has renovated several apartments in the building. Now that he has taken over any problems in the building are immediately addressed and taken care of. I'm extremely happy with Brian Elgart being my landlord and would highly recommend renting from him.

    ReplyDelete