Monday, June 17, 2013

Brian Elgart Is A Great Landlord

I had to write this because I got really pissed off at the tenant that lives in my building. She approached me about writing bad things online about my landlord Brian Elgart. I asked her why what did he do? She said  "the building gets really hot in the winter because the roof is painted black and I asked him to paint the roof a different color and he said no." I said so that's why you want to bad things about him? She said no not just that, the dryer in the basement didn't work for a couple of weeks and the repair men keep coming back and it still doesn't work. I said but he's been trying to fix it and probably paying for the repair men to keep coming back so why are you getting mad at him? At that point she said whatever and stormed away. Then I looked online and found all this other crap saying he's horrible.
I tried posting my stories and encounters with him. Which were positive and they were deleted a day latter. So that is when I decided to make this blog.
A little back story I have been living and renting from Brian Elgart for about 8 years now and I also work as a NYC real estate agent in NYC for over 10 years. I have dealt with renting Brian's apartments for many years and I can tell you I know some of the people that write these worst landlord in nyc comments. Let me say they are completely wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog. I actually tried writing on the other negative one but somehow my posts were deleted. I guess they only want to hear one side of things.
    I have rented from Brian for about 4 years now. He has been an excellent Landlord to me. When I moved in he had his contractor come and make the apartment look pristine. Last year my refrigerator broke down and I had a new one within days. I would definitely recommend renting from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was approached by the same person in my building. What a nut job. You think he's a terrible landlord because he wont redo the entire roof? Seriously some people out there think the world revolves around them. How can you say Brian Elgart is a bad landlord because he doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars on a new roof that doesn't need to be fixed. Get a grip lady!

    ReplyDelete